Remove Items from Dock

Last Updated:

1. barr08

barr08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I am brand new to the Android world (replaced my lost iPhone4 with the sexy looking Captivate), and was wondering how to remove items from the default dock on the home screen. I use Gmail instead of the Mail app, so I would like to remove the Mail app and put Gmail there instead.

I just rooted my phone using the walkthrough on this forum - what else do I need to install in order to gain this functionality?

I apologize if this is a repost, I could not find any info on this using the search function.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

go into your app drawer, push the menu button and select view type customizable grid, or something like that. then you can drag down apps from the drawer and put them in the dock. that is if youre using touchwiz which i assume you are

3. barr08

Wow, perfect. Thanks! I didn't think this was possible without rooting. Classic over-complicating

4. KonaZXIII

KonaZXIII Banned

Try LauncherPro from that Market. No rooting and near-endless customization.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

All this is mentioned in the Captivate FAQ, which is always a good place to check first. ;)

Customization - CapFAQ

6. barr08

Does using a replacement launcher like LauncherPro reduce snappiness or cause any sort of lag? The responsiveness of my home screens is one of the most important things to me.

Ahh, I checked the FAQ briefly, but not thoroughly enough to get to this. It is a very good resource. Thanks!

7. gcobb

gcobb Well-Known Member

I installed ADW Launcher and LauncherPro and both appear to be a little faster than the default.