• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remove lock screen after 2.2?

Hey everyone, the way to fix the lock issue after the 2.2 update is simple, if not annoying. If you go into settings, then into 'location & security,' you'll see the option for 'change screen lock' ... you'll notice that two of the options - swype lock and disable lock are greyed out, and say they've been disable by corporate admin ...

Here's the work around. Go into your accounts (also under settings), delete your corporate sync account (write down the info if you don't know it). Then go back to the 'location & secturity' option, back to change screen lock. You'll notice all the options are now available. Click which one you want. Then go back and add your corporate sync account back in. Problem solved.

Reactions: trish1223 and pme
Upvote 0
here's a wrinkle...

i had mine disabled in 2.1 when i got the OTA to 2.2 and now want to turn it back on (no 'change screen lock', only 'setup screen lock' and 'security lock timer'). i can't, for the same reasons that you can't...option simply isn't there. to be clear, this is the accidental touch/slide lock i'm talking about, not the pattern/pin/password security lock.

so it would appear that it's not a 'heavier OS lockdown', they just removed the control. if it was off before the OTA, it's always off after. if on before, always on after.

hmm...

Upvote 0
NoLock eliminates the slide to unlock when I hit any button on my phone, however; I still have to slide to unlock when receiving a phone call. Being able to answer a call with one hand is what I want. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is this the way it's supposed to operate?

Extended controls widget allows this

Upvote 0
its assinine to disable this feature.

i just did a master reset after having issues with ota 2.2.
before the master reset (2.2) there was no screen lock. now i've master reset, i can't disable. wtf?

i must have been grandfathered in via 2.1....

this is the type of stuff that makes me think android/google just aren't quite ready for prime time (can't disable conversations is another annoyance).

ah well, off to the market to check out nolock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones