Remove lock screen wallpaper?Support

1. Remeniz

Remeniz Well-Known Member

Is there a way to disable the lock screen wallpaper? When I bring the phone out of standby I want to see the home screen when entering my password to unlock the phone.

That or a transparent lock screen wallpaper.

Advertisement
  2. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

The OS isn't rendering your home screen until it's unlocked, so I doubt this is possible. How about if you screengrab your homescreen and use that as the background for the lock screen? :D
    greggebhardt likes this.
  3. Remeniz

I could but the reason for not having a lock screen wallpaper is so that I can see my clock widget on my homescreen while unlocking...
  4. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Do you still want a lock screen? I do not apps are available to disable lock screen. But to have a homescreen as a lock screen, not very sure. Unless you can use live wallpaper for a lock screen, because I have a live wallpaper that shows the clock. Its called WP Light (I think). Not using it currently since using the MultiLive Wallpaper right now.
  5. Remeniz

Yea, I still want to be able to lock/unlock my phone but I want to see the homescreen underneath the transparent keypad, used to unlock the phone, instead of a dedicated lock screen wallpaper...
  6. Russell Ng

Russell Ng Well-Known Member

Guess you just have to use the same wallpaper for the lockscreen and the homescreen. Have you checked out the WP Light and whether lockscreen can use live wallpaper?
  7. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

There's a third party lockscreen on the market that offers a transparent lockscreen, however the reviews didn't look too promising. I can't remember the name so just search transparent lockscreen and you should find it. There's also the option of installing a rom which supports jkay deluxe settings as transparent lockscreen is an option with that.
  8. vrykolas

vrykolas New Member

Try the "no lock" app in the market.
    It will disable any security/pin/password.

Works great on my sgs2.
  9. Sunitha BN

Sunitha BN New Member

Same Question for me too.. Please help us to remove Screen wallpaper. Its just making me irritate.
  10. dondavis3

dondavis3 New Member

App: Screen Tools 2 I love you. :D Answered this disturbing lock screen bis on Samsung Galaxy S2. Push any hardwar button and you will be right back to the screen or app that you were on. You can disable the lock screen all together if you want. I have just found it so I dont know if you can use it to see your clock through the lock screen if you choose to use the lock screen.
  11. schgittyfour

schgittyfour New Member

this is very strange but it answers ur question and i am using it too! just simply fix permissions via rom manager ... it does it to mine, the lock screen wallpaper disappears everytime i do this .
  12. Notusername255

Notusername255 New Member

I have a different phone but just spent an hour looking to fix this issue. I finally just tried using a transparent png as the lock screen and to my surprise that worked perfectly - its so simple I feel stupid. Hope this helps anyone looking for help.