• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Remove message icon from status bar

FdxRider

May 15, 2010
Anybody help me remove a text message icon from the status bar.
My wife's moment has a message icon stuck in the status bar ,it will clear when she pulls down the notification and hits clear. But every time she opens the message app and taps someones name to send or read a mess. it pops back up in the status bar.I've tried clearing the cache in applications section but it just keeps popping back up! Any help would be very much welcomed Thanks any and all.:thinking:

Try the following:
- turn-off notifications in stock messaging app and power-cycle the phone.
- Repeat her steps to recreate the notification.
- Now turn-on the notification in the messaging app and repeat the steps again.

If this fails, you may have to "clear data" for the messaging app. Let us know.

Thanks for the response .I've bookmarked this page,my wife is one of those characters that doesn't delete anything.She must've had close to 5-600 texts.So she deleted them and the notification went away.If it pops up again in the future i'll post it here and pm you so you know it works Thank again too all that responded :D

Fdx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones