remove old installed apps from marketSupport

1. m0bstr

m0bstr Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the old apps that you have removed that show up in the market as your uninstalled apps

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thorsten

Thorsten Well-Known Member

Do you mean to say that you can get Market to show you a list of previously installed apps? :confused:

If you know of such functionality, please do tell! I wish it existed. :)
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven What does this button do? Moderator

Thorsten,
    Go to market.android.com, log in with your gmail account and click on "My Library"

OP,
    I want to know too:confused:. I have some noob apps:rolleyes: I downloaded long ago that I am ashamed of everytime I see them there (Advanced Task Killer:eek:)
  4. brotherswing

brotherswing Well-Known Member

AFAIK, market only shows uninstalled paid apps. If you remove a free one, it should disappear from your library of apps.
  5. Unforgiven

If you follow the steps above (on your PC), you'll see that old free apps you downloaded are still there. Provided they are still in the market.
  6. m0bstr

m0bstr Well-Known Member

its shows all old apps, even the free ones that i got just to test, even the one that came with the phone that i removed
  7. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Same here. I wish I could remove the ones I never use anymore. A lot of people are complaining to Google about it.
  8. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

IM not having that issue, removed two free games today, just checked and both are gone from the list.
  9. Unforgiven

Hmm..., maybe it I'll have to reinstall apps I appall so I can get them off my list. Interesting.
  10. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus Contributor

EDIT: Brain not working
  11. Unforgiven

No, I haven't run advanced task killer since a few weeks after I got my OG droid and it still shows up.
  12. Thorsten

That
  13. Unforgiven

Let me get a screenshot. Did you see the post above about no connectivity when you uninstall. I think what actually happened to me was I installed a new rom and never reinstalled the app so I confused the market. On my phone art the moment, I'll get back to you.
  14. Unforgiven

[​IMG]

OK, had to finally set up a dropbox account:rolleyes:. Anyway, I can confirm both apps in the screenshot are not installed on any of the three phones that are registered to this phone. I think it confirms my previous post that it was due to my installing a Rom when they were installed and didn't reinstall them. They were never actually installed on my D2 or my GNex, only early on with my OG Droid.

BTW, I am not putting these on my Gnex either to get rid of them, I'll install them on my OG and uninstall to see if they go away:D
  15. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

Here's another example

[​IMG]

Sorry for the size. I reformatted my laptop and don't have photo editing software on yet.

Link2SD - Uninstalled
    Poynt - Uninstalled shortly after the first root.
    Lookout - uninstalled
    Metro Station - uninstalled
    Minutes Checker VM - uninstalled

I could go on and on. And now .. (holds head in hands and whimpers) .. I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy SII and all the T-Mobile apps are now mixed in all that mess. :(
  16. Unforgiven

Yeah, I've got carrier bloatware from previous phones listed too.
  17. Thorsten

That makes a lot more sense. When you flash a ROM – which simply makes previously installed apps go away – of course your market account will (at least initially) be out of sync, because those apps were never properly uninstalled.
  18. Unforgiven

19. Atma

Atma Well-Known Member

A lot of the apps I have uninstalled I probably have backed up in Titanium. Would that make a difference? If I used Ti's 'detach user & system apps from market' would that do anything useful? I'm not sure what that does.
  20. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

There was a good 3hr times diff between removal and checking on line.
  21. Unforgiven

I waited overnight and its still there. And I flashed it away almost 2yrs ago. Maybe I have to let it live on my phone for a bit and then get rid of it.:confused:
  22. 350X

350X Well-Known Member

testing ninja chicken [POS game that constantly run in background like pre installed crapware]

removed at 3:13 pm