Remove pre installed apps VerizonGeneral

1. Not2 brite

Not2 brite Member

Is there any way to remove pre installed apps on a Verizon Note 2?
    It looks like the Amazon app is using a lot of battery as it says in app manager that 3 processes and services are running with it and if I stop any something will be damaged.
    If I just stop it and leave it on the phone what exactly will be disabled?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello Not2 brite.

Some of the pre-installed apps and widgets can be partially removed via the Application Manager "uninstall update" in each one, leaving the stock app/widget, some of which can be hidden in the app drawer itself. :)

Most of them are the notorious "bloatware" that now comes with just about every smart phone. Many users root for this reason so that they can (hopefully) completely remove those programs and their associated services. ;)

It's those services which are the big bugaboo. ;) Once an app or widget is removed, the service may have to remain in order for the system to operate properly (or at all ;) I'm sure you've seen the phrase "I think I just bricked my phone!").
  3. twister6

twister6 Guides Guide

As Frisco pointed out, go to Application Manager, Uninstall updates for all the stock apps, and then Disable them. I counted close to 23 disabled apps on mine (all the amazon stuff, google stuff, hubs, nfl, yahoo, zappos, vz navigator, etc.). Disabling them actually suspends from running/loading and will not be searching for updates either.
  4. ukrkoz

ukrkoz Well-Known Member

You cannot uninstall them unless you root.
    What you can do is:

applications>menu>edit>hold any app icon>press info>clear all data>ok>hide>ok. Or disable, or whatever it is on non rooted phone. It shuts them down for good and removes from screens.
    loky likes this.
  5. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Active Member

Can't you just delete the apk and odex files to completely remove these apps?
  6. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

You need to be rooted in order to uninstall/delete the apps fully from the device. If you are running stock, you can only disable them (if it allows you to do it).