Remove Proxy servers?

1. Rollout

Rollout Active Member

I am just not getting the greatest speed, faster than my warp, but not great (normally around 900)... I have 4g service here, and have tried 3g which is slow as ever.

I know with the warp I removed the sprint proxies, and it sped the 3g up to better than what the 4g is on this phone.
    Is there a how to guide that I am missing?

I do have boost if that matters....

Edit: also is not the proxy the way that they throttle our speed?

Advertisement
    :
  2. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

AFAIK the throttle controls are actually on the phone in data/system/throttle. Delete everything in that folder and edit the permissions to lock the folder up and hypothetically you should be good. Why they would leave the controls for that on the phone I have no idea.

As far as proxies go, I'm not sure. If you're root, wireless tether has an option to specify your own DNS. I just use Google Public DNS, 8.8.4.4 and I get pretty fast speeds on 3g and basically broadband speeds on 4g (between 3-5 mbps down and 1-2mbps up).
  3. Rally 517

Rally 517 Well-Known Member

What permissions did u edit
  4. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

I just removed all the permissions. No read, write, or execute for anyone.
  5. lancemulvihill

lancemulvihill Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!! Those are some great speeds. So, have you confirmed that deleting and locking up permissions works for speed?
  6. Rollout

Rollout Active Member

What I was more after was how to get away from the proxy that is programmed in, unless that does not exist on this phone ... I know on the warp it was dial ##3282# then change your multimedia proxies to 0.0.0.0

Made a real improvement on speed ....
  7. Lizzord30

Lizzord30 Well-Known Member

yea Prevail had same thing like that, altho i never noticed a perfomance gain still rather not to use proxie.
  8. Rollout

Rollout Active Member

Actually just checked, that menu is in there, going through looking at it now.
  9. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

Then what you're talking about is above my pay grade. I'm not familiar with the built in proxy.

And I haven't been able to confirm whether deleting that stuff takes care of the throttle because don't even know if boost has started throttling yet. That's just the rumor
  10. Lizzord30

I went into their In edit mode and changed the DSS Proxy server IP address to 0.0.0.0
    and the DSS Proxy server port to 0

I don't really notice any difference, but my connection is not very consistent here.
  11. Rollout

Rollout Active Member

I removed both "multimedia" proxies. It helped the 3g speeds a lot, but not the 4g speeds which are fast enough anyhow...
  12. Lizzord30

I mean I removed that on my Design not sure if their is any difference but at lest everything seams to work like it did before, someone else could try to do this and see if their is a difference.
  13. Dest1ny

Dest1ny Well-Known Member

odd, I don't know why you guys are getting such low speeds on 4g. Normally i hit 5-6mbps, and on full signal up to 8mbps. best I got on 4g was 8836kbps.