Remove Slide to Unlock Screen

Last Updated: 2010-03-08 02:44:44
  1. abourne

abourne Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the procedure to disable it, but you could just use the red and green buttons on the phone. Red will decline (and I believe volume down sends it straight to voicemail, but don't quote me on that), and Green answers. That's how I do it more often than not.
  3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

hahaha, wow, I didn't know the volume button did that? Learn something new every day. :)

Of course, I never read the manual :eek:

hahaha...
  4. n0gik

n0gik Well-Known Member

Volume up or down just kills the ring/vibe notification and doesn't send the call to VM any earlier. The caller still gets the same number of rings and EVENTUALLY is dumped to VM.
  5. tatonka_Hero

like I said, don't quote me on that :p

I'm reasonably certain it said something about it in the manual though
  6. SilHero

SilHero Well-Known Member

u got it backwards, the volume up or down will silence the ringer and the red hangup button will silence ringer and send them straight to VM aka the ignore button
  7. abourne

8. abourne

Correct.

Another thing I do is:

Long Hold on Red Button --> Silent Mode

(when in meetings)

Long Hold on Red Button --> Vibration Mode

(when I don't want the phone to ring, vibrate only)

These settings will overide the settings you have on your phone and are useful for temporary purposes.

9. tatonka_Hero

haha, like i said, don't quote me :p
  10. simplysquare

simplysquare Well-Known Member

did you know if you press the menu button twice it unlocks the phone? also... dont quote me on this but putting thephone screen down when the phone rings silences the call? not 100% that one works but its what ive heard n ive tried it and it went off? but it may have just been coincidence? lol
  11. tatonka_Hero

Only if you don't turn on the pattern lock.
  12. simplysquare

no no it works without i. try it. press any of the 4 buttons along the bottom of the screen then press menu and it unlocks it
  13. simplysquare

no no it works without it. try it. press any of the 4 buttons along the bottom of the screen then press menu and it unlocks it
  14. tatonka_Hero

I did just try it. Pressed every button along the bottom, and the menu button a couple dozen times. It does not unlock if you have the pattern lock on.
  15. simplysquare

oh right you mean while the pattern lock is on? i see sorry my bad i miss read the post. in which case it wont then lol. but why do you eed the pattern lock if you can just press the menu button twice? you can also get an app that lets you imput a number instead of the pattern? not sure what its called though
  16. tatonka_Hero

because pressing the menu button twice happens in my pocket at times lol. Pattern lock is a great alternative for now, until I decide to find something else
  17. agpatel

agpatel Member

Is there anyway to mute/silent the text ringer as there is the phone call ringer?
  18. Dade County

Dade County Member

On my phone when I turn the ringer volume down it also makes the text ringer lower. Unless.... There is a setting under ringer volume settings and there is a box to check so that both volumes will change. Check out your ringer volume settings.
  19. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Not to thread jack, but check out lockpattern onoff by curvefish. It allows you to turn the lock pattern on and off with a single click. I leopard the pattern off when at home but the it on when going somewhere with the phone in my pocket.
  20. abourne

Long Hold on Red Button --> Silent Mode

(when in meetings)

Long Hold on Red Button --> Vibration Mode

(when I don't want the phone to ring, vibrate only)

These settings will overide the settings you have on your phone and are useful for temporary purposes.

agpatel likes this.