• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help remove system memory!

nishant1996

Lurker
Feb 26, 2012
I recently rooted my fone and flashed a custom rom..
But now the apps on new rom are installed on phone memory! !
And it has filled up my phone! !
Already more than 5gb is shown as system memory and now at least 2gb is covered by new rom..so half of my 16 gb memory is covered by these!
Now that I have installed a custom rom, shouldn't that 5 gb be cleared?
Is there a way to do it?
Or can I move the new rom to that 5 gb memory??
Plss reply

If you installed the ROM in a new ROM slot on your device using Safestrap then the other slot is still there so that you can easily switch to a different ROM whenever you want, meaning a second instance of those applications can exist.

If you want those removed just don't use the ROM slots and go over the stock slot each time you flash a new ROM, just be wary that you make a backup beforehand so you don't accidentally have to restart the root process again. :)

Upvote 0
Yes I have deleted that!
Nd I checked again..under storage
5.8 gb is shown as system memory (which is unusable)
And used space shows 4 gb of applications! !
Which includes around 3 gb of system apps of new rom..previously these apps were included in that 5.8 gb!
So it means that official rom is icluded in that 5.8 gb.so how to make this space usable?? Nd remove the old official firmware

Upvote 0
It is shown as 5.8 gb of system memory which is 'minimum space required to run the system'
This was previously also not usable..
The main problem is that installed apps show all the system apps of the new rom which is around 3-4 gb!
This space was previously included in that 5.8 gb..
And I had all the rest of 10 gb for personal usage..
But now the system apps are covering this 10 gb!and I just have 4-5 gb for personal apps and data...
Are all custom roms designed this way??
Can't these new system files be integrated with that 5.8 gb as before??
Like if u buy a 16 gb fone u can only use around 10 gb of it ..bcoz rest is covered by system apps..after the new rom that 5.8 gb is also not usable and system apps have taken 3 to 4 gb of space....

Upvote 0
It is shown as 5.8 gb of system memory which is 'minimum space required to run the system'
This was previously also not usable..
The main problem is that installed apps show all the system apps of the new rom which is around 3-4 gb!
This space was previously included in that 5.8 gb..
And I had all the rest of 10 gb for personal usage..
But now the system apps are covering this 10 gb!and I just have 4-5 gb for personal apps and data...
Are all custom roms designed this way??
Can't these new system files be integrated with that 5.8 gb as before??
Like if u buy a 16 gb fone u can only use around 10 gb of it ..bcoz rest is covered by system apps..after the new rom that 5.8 gb is also not usable and system apps have taken 3 to 4 gb of space....

They should be integrated.

If you made a backup of the ROM this could account for this space.

Or if you have Safestrap installed that could also account if you use different ROM slots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones