Remove unwanted AT&T apps?Support

Last Updated: 2011-05-26 23:49:25
  1. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

How do I remove unwanted AT&T applications? They're cluttering up my app screen, but I see no way of removing them. :confused:

Advertisement
  2. MCFarmfresh

MCFarmfresh Member

I bought bloat freezer from the market and it has worked for me. It freezes the apps from running in the background or at all and the don't show up in the app drawer or anywhere else in the phone. It only freezes them so in the future you can defrost them to receive ota updates.
  3. MoodyBlues

MoodyBlues - Crazy peacock person - Guide

Thanks for the info.

Am I correct that the implication is there's no way to actually remove those unwanted AT&T applications? I'm a Linux person [on all my computers] and I'm just used to being able to have--or not have!--whatever I want.
  4. MCFarmfresh

MCFarmfresh Member

There are ways to delete them totally via titanium backup. Its about 4 or 5 bucks on the market. But if you know what you are doing you can use root explorer to delete them. Its a file browser which lets you modify the root directory of the system. Both require root of course. I chose to freeze in the off chance an update to 2.2 is released for my phone I can update to it with no problem, after defrosting the stock apps I have frozen. there are a few other methods for deleting the stock apps but the two above may be the simplest. Hope this helps. :)
  5. moddave

moddave Member

6. diasporaBK

diasporaBK New Member