Remove User Account PictureSupport

1. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Under the Quick Settings pull down menu, the first button is the User Account. It shows the user's name and profile picture(if there is one). I've associated a picture with the user profile; but a while later, even after I removed/deleted the picture, the picture still shows up under the Quick Settings pull-down. My question is, is it possible to have the icon revert back to the default android user icon(below)?

[​IMG]

Thanks

Advertisement
    stefanosp likes this.
  2. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

I think the phone gets these pictures from the picassa sync in your gallery tied in with google plus. If you go to the picassa website and log in with your google details i think you can delete or move the profile pictures so they stop syncing, that should then get rid of the picture in the phone.
    stefanosp likes this.
  3. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

It's your google plus profile picture. If deleting it doesn't work I suggest changing your profile pic on google plus to the default picture.
    stefanosp likes this.
  4. stefanosp

stefanosp New Member

Hi everyone!

I have exactly the same problem with rcheung28. I have tried to sync my device with Google+ and my User Account Icon automatically changed to the Google+ default image (a blue profile picture). The i sync off, and the image is still there. I can't find a way to revert back to the default android user icon! Has anyone managed to fix this?

Thank you!!!!
  5. rcheung28

rcheung28 Well-Known Member

I ended up taking the stock icon off a screenshot. I just changed it to this one and never touched it again.
    [​IMG]
    stefanosp likes this.
  6. stefanosp

stefanosp New Member

so smart!! Thank you!! :)
  7. MT Rotor

MT Rotor Guest

Go to your contacts and click your name, from there you can edit your profile pic
    stefanosp likes this.
  8. stefanosp

stefanosp New Member

Thank you for your help. I have also found another way without changing the profile pic from your contacts. Just go to Google+, change your profile there, sync it with your phone once, and then sync it off. Then you can remove anything downloaded from Google+ on your phone. The profile changes without changing anything from your contacts!! :)
  9. wolf9545

wolf9545 New Member

Has anyone figured out a solution to this other than replacing the image?

I don't have a google+ account so I know it is not pulling the image from there and I deleted all my images (new tablet) from picasa and the tablet but the image still shows up for my account. I wanted to go back to the default smiley face (green one) that came with my tablet.

4.2.1 version of android on a Asus transformer tf300.