Remove Verizon branding?General

Last Updated:

1. Rckrkid287

Rckrkid287 Member This Topic's Starter

Is there anyway to get rid of the text that says Verizon Wireless all over the Eris?

Examples: Lock Screen, Notifications

Advertisement
  2. willdogs

willdogs Well-Known Member

You will probably have to ROOT your phone. Not sure...

What's the point if there is a huge visible Verizon Logo on the front of your phone near the earpiece?

3. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

if you have root then there is sure to be a way but if you dont have root the answer is a no.

without root you could replace the things that show the verizon branding such as using lock 2.0 but there is no way to change the notification drawer.

4. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Why would you want to anyways? It's not like it's overly annoying or anything, and would you replace it with anything? Cause the lock screen would look weird if it didn't have "Verizon Wireless" on the top half of the lock screen...

5. Rckrkid287

I don't want to replace it with anything, I just want it gone. I'd really like to get the Eclair lock screen without using LockBot. I'm already running 2.1 so can't there be a way to get rid of the Hero style lock screen?

6. ericDylan

it would be kinda cool if you could replace the lock screen branding with like a name or nickname. ...

*sigh* gosh more things i want and can't have *goes and adds it to the list right between a solid gold buick lesabre and all my kittens back*

7. cmajpwc

A solid gold Buick LeSabre? Damn. Good luck with that one. Lol.

Yeah, it would be cool to replace it with your name or something, I know one of the things I miss on a "dumb" phone is the ability to write my own banner so I could see it every time I used the phone. I think on my old phone I had my girlfriend's name and my high bowling score on it.

Couldn't you (on the EnV3 I had at least you could do this) remove the Verizon Wireless banner from the inside screen? I wonder why this isn't an option on this phone. Or was it just something the EnV could do?

8. Rckrkid287

You can do that on almost all Verizon phones. I made my old phone (LG Chocolate 2) look just like Android with wallpaper and ringtones (off topic sorry) but I made the banner read "Android Phone". I know im lame...but anybody know of a way to maybe get rid of that text, change it, or if you guys really loved me tell me how to get the Eclair lock screen and toss out that Hero one without LockBot?

9. ericDylan

yeah ... i had a dare and it was possible to remove the verizon banner ... it was under the same menu as the custom banner was ... i think it was like ERI banner or something (maybe i am remembering completely wrong but i think it was something like ERI)

10. cmajpwc

Just turned on my EnV3, and yes, it is ERI banner. Damn it, now I want to change it. Ugh. Lol

11. ericDylan

wow ... i have a pretty damn good memory (well except the fact that i couldn't check my old dare because i have no clue where it is :))

12. Beris

Beris Member

You can always photoshop a photo with whatever you want to say and use that as the lock screen wallpaper (settings, personalize).

13. Rckrkid287

Yeah, but it would still say "Verizon Wireless" on the Hero unlock Bar.

14. Beris

Beris Member

agreed, but at least on the Eris "Verizon Wireless" is small, and my picture message is the dominant thing you see. And since there is no way to remove it save root, redirect your attention.

15. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Its actually not branding. Its the area that shows what network your phone is using. Its really more of a feature more useful for GSM phones when they are roaming, since roaming on Verizon has been fairly rare in my experience since they dang near have coverage everywhere. I did see "Extended Coverage" when I was traveling through Iowa once.

16. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

Only way to change it as stated is if you root. And then, only way to change it is if you use a Cyanogen ROM. There is a file you can edit and push back. I had it saying Kevlar Wireless. Not been able to change it with any other ROMs.