remove viabrate from dialing screen

Last Updated:

1. ATLChamp

ATLChamp Member This Topic's Starter

hey guys, does anyone know how to remove the vibrate feature when unlocking and dialing a phone number?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

The only way I'm aware of for the unlock screen is to use a custom unlock pattern.

3. jalann

jalann Well-Known Member

Home>Menu>Settings>Sound and Display:Haptic feedback : uncheck

4. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I think Haptic feedback kicks ass

5. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

Unless it has something to do with the rom I'm on, I don't think the haptic feedback option takes vibration away from the phone keypad, but only the 4 hard touch sensitive buttons on the phone. Does it work for anyone else? I'd like to get rid of the keypad vibration as well.

And unfortunately, from what I've read, the lock screen vibration is here to stay (unless someone knows some I don't?).

6. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

First,haptic feedback does the dial pad as well as the soft keys (suppose to and does on stock).
    Second, lockscreen feedback is separate setting. Menu -setting -location&security-uncheck "use tactile feedback".

7. othgar

othgar Well-Known Member

I am not rooted and have haptic feedback turned off. Phone still vibrates when dialing a number.

8. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

I can't say for sure because I am rooted and on a custom rom, but haptic feedback definitely does not turn off the vibrate on my dialpad. Can others confirm that on stock the haptic feedback selection applies to the keypad? If so I'll make send a note to the rom developer. So far Othgar seems to be having the same issue on his stock Droid.

The method you posted for turning off the vibrate on the lock screen only applies if you are using a pattern unlock, which I am not.