Remove vibrate on call connection?

Last Updated:

1. kyzersozai

kyzersozai Member

Hi everyone, does anyone know how to disable the vibrate alert in the Hero when a call connection is established, ie when the person picks up the other end? It's only a small vibrate but I personally don't like it and would like to get rid. Anyone know how please??

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Try MENU | Settings | Call Settings | uncheck the vibrate functions
  3. kyzersozai

kyzersozai Member

I do not have a "uncheck vibrate functions" option? I have been all the way through the Call Settings and there is nothing there with regards to any vibrate feature.
  4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

I don't think you can turn it off.
  5. h9211092

h9211092 Member

Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings. Tap "Sound & display" and you will see the option for vibration.
  6. kyzersozai

kyzersozai Member

Thanks for the reply. However, I have already unchecked the selection you suggest and the phone still vibrates. Whether or not that selection actually specifically refers to that particular vibrate I don't know. Have you unchecked it and has it stopped the call connection vibrate alert? Thanks.
  7. wilcoyeung

wilcoyeung New Member

I feel that small vibrate is ignoring also (for a call connection), but the vibrate for incoming call is useful.
  8. piecemakr9

piecemakr9 New Member

Still no solutions to stopping vibrate on call connect?
  9. piecemakr9

piecemakr9 New Member

I hope they will help this on Android 2.1
  10. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there is no solution yet.
  11. piecemakr9

piecemakr9 New Member

I think its a bug
  12. Bhav

Bhav Well-Known Member

It's not a bug. It's a feature. It's so you know when the person has answered (in case you don't have the phone to your ear...for some reason :S)
  13. piecemakr9

piecemakr9 New Member

14. AstroDonut

AstroDonut Well-Known Member

It took some getting used to, but I quite like that feature.

Only problem is there is a slight delay, so I hear the person speak a fraction of a second before the connection confirming vibrate!! lol
  15. rioja

rioja Well-Known Member

I use to find it annoying, but have learned to ignore it.
    Really, its not that big of a deal. But does seem pointless.
  16. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

It's never seemed that big a deal to me.

Strikes me, whatever the level of customisation you provide, some people will never be happy :rolleyes:
  17. Haizum74

Haizum74 Guest

I think it was added for the female users of the hero ;)
  18. e5oteric

e5oteric New Member

Any word on this? I actually miss this feature from my TouchPro and was wondering how to enable it as my Hero doesn't do this...
  19. JaxCat

JaxCat New Member

20. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

21. Goldin66

Goldin66 New Member

I was having the same problem with my THunderbolt. My problem ended up being the "profile" setting I was using. I went back to the default profile and now all is well. You might want to try that.....