"Removed apps"Support

1. schmitty1861

schmitty1861 New Member

So under my data usage for the month, the very first day of the month a app used 800mb of background data all in that day! It seems as if i later uninstalled the app (at least that's what im guessing when they say removed apps) is there anyway to see what app that was? I want to make sure i stay clear of it in the future and maybe write up a angry email to the designers. I have verizon as a carrier if that helps. Thank you!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

There are apps that monitor data usage. I don't worry about how much I use (because it would be too much work to use as much as I get), but you can try 3G Watchdog or MyDataManager. IIRC, one of them lists usage by app.
  3. trucky

trucky Well-Known Member

If you installed the app from Google Play Store you can go online and see all the apps you've installed, even those that are now un-installed.

You should also be able to see how much each app is using by going to your Settings, Data Usage, and scroll down from the usage graph.
  4. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a log of any sort that monitors what is installed/uninstalled and when. Google Play Store does keep track what you have installed and unless you remove the app from your personal list, it will remain there ad infinitum. The only way I can think of for your to accomplish what you want to do is to go to My Apps on the Play Store and go through all of them and see if you recognize the one that was causing the issue.

If you do determine what app it was, you may want to post it back on here. It could be useful information to others.