Removed plastic overlay?General

Last Updated:

1. N3TWORK BURN3R

N3TWORK BURN3R Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, who did it? You know, the plastic overlay that came installed on the screen. Since day one, i have had it on, but it appear to be getting some small scratches from all the abuse my finger is giving it. Ive also been using the pouch that came with it. So, have you removed yours? Also, if you did....hows the screen holding up? Any scratches, marks, hairline scratches etc etc. :cool:

Advertisement
  2. ryansullivan

ryansullivan Member

I took mine off because of some really small air bubbles. No regrets yet... only thing on the screen are just smudge marks and fingerprints, not even the tiniest scratch. Then again, it's only day 3.

3. N3TWORK BURN3R

Im waiting for my screen protector to come in, but im getting antsy to remove the plastic shield it has from factory.

4. ryansullivan

ryansullivan Member

I actually had a Sidekick LX before switching to this, and after 1 year the screen is still flawless. Even after being completely unprotected and being dropped several times on concrete.

Hopefully this one will be just as resistant.

5. jimczyz

jimczyz Well-Known Member

Took mine off as soon as I unboxed it. Altho I did have a clear protector screen protector waiting for it.

6. joephu

joephu Member

Mine still on. I was able to squeegie the bubble out. So far so good. I'll need to find some cheap screen protectors. The ones at T-mobile werelike $15 bucks or so.

7. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

Same here.

8. N3TWORK BURN3R

Im glad to hear that screen is holding well without the protector. I wanna remove mine cause its starting to peel on the top part from sliding it into the sleeve case.

9. Android0523

Android0523 Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for my invisible shield so mine is still on..

10. liLmOuseamI

liLmOuseamI New Member

I need to buy myself the invisibile shield... cheapest one I found online is at ZAGG | Invisible shield.

I think I can wait out removing the plastic ..

11. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator

Yeah I'm going to get Invisible Shield, too and keep my protector on until it comes.

I'm trying to get in touch with the ZAGG people to see if we can do some free giveaways/contests on AndroidForums but we'll see... I just emailed them now.

12. N3TWORK BURN3R

That would be awesome! I need another one, seeing as i bought my gf the phone as well.

13. koffi

koffi Member

I'd really like to see/hear how these are fitting. The phones a bit more complicated than an iphone when it comes to laying something like this on.

14. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Me too, I've ordered an invisible shield for my PSP as a test to see if I like it' I'm concerned the screen will be distorted, and don't want to shell out for it if it's going to bug me. I have a cheap screen protector on my PSP and you can totally see this translucent pattern in the plastic, very distracting.

15. N3TWORK BURN3R

i bought a madcatz "official licensed" screen protector for my PSP and i forget its even there. it was like 9.99 too!

16. Syrax

Syrax Well-Known Member

I kept mine on. It had one air bubble on the top but I used my credit card to push it out. I'll keep it on as a screen protector for now.

17. N3TWORK BURN3R

Well, mine came off today. The tap on the top of the plastic kept on coming down and i had to remove it cause i was having issues pulling down the notifications tab. Its a bit more responsive without the screen protector.

18. drustvold

drustvold Well-Known Member

I took mine off in front of the sales rep just after he told me the phone comes with a screen protector, he was like "oh..." as i tossed it into my bag.

19. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

its a screen protector? isn't it just a plastic cover with super low adhesive that peels off instantly on the corners when met with a blunt object. Not really a screen protector.. just something to indicate the phone is brand new. lol. I up to date havent seen a phone that didnt' come with the so called "screen protector" if its brand new, so i think your sales rep just likes talking baloney. Probably also told you the stereo headset and 1gb micro was a free gift to you? :)

and to those people that still have it on.. how do you stand it?? it even has a little tab thats asking for it to be pulled off. I pulled mine off before even lifting the phone out of the box.

20. ram100987

ram100987 Well-Known Member

I've had mine since monday and took it off first thing. Just finger prints and smudges is all. I've never had much problem with screens it the corner that get boogerd up from dropping it, but so far I have managed not to let it drop

21. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

I kept mine on until I received my bodyguardz yesterday. I've always used zagg until now and the bodyguardz was just as easy, if not easier, to apply. My baby is protected, woohoo!!

22. gewgluvr

gewgluvr Well-Known Member

They need an accessory sub forum. Where is the best place to go besides ebay?

23. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

what do you mean... isn't there already an accessory sub-forum? lol

24. N3TWORK BURN3R

25. mikeeh

mikeeh Well-Known Member

Since I received my G1 on Oct. 21st, I still have that factory plastic cover.
    Just waiting on that aftermarket to come so I can swap them right away.