• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help removing Amazon Mp3 etc

just got an S.

Is there anyway to remove the crapware that ships on it?

amazon mp3 and the like the uninstall option is grayed out.
You won't be able to remove apps in /system/app, and crapware is usually installed in /system/app.

Apps you install from the market are installed to /data/app or /data/app_private, depending on whether the developer chose to protect the app when they submitted it to the market. What I found is that file managers won't even show you anything in those two folders unless your phone is rooted. You'll need to root your device before being able to remove crapware.

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat as you.. torn between the Nexus S and the Incredible S. I think hardware-wise the Incredible seems to be a better phone but the Nexus gets all the software updates.... hmmm what to do, what to do..

Besides here in the Netherlands there seems to be a waiting of 2-3 weeks for the Nexus S in all shops whereas the Incredible is available already...

Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat as you.. torn between the Nexus S and the Incredible S. I think hardware-wise the Incredible seems to be a better phone but the Nexus gets all the software updates.... hmmm what to do, what to do..

Besides here in the Netherlands there seems to be a waiting of 2-3 weeks for the Nexus S in all shops whereas the Incredible is available already...

Dont make the deciding factor the wait for the Nexus S as you may regret it. 2 - 3 weeks is not long.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones