Removing Amon's Recovery ImageGeneral

Last Updated:

1. godson

godson Member This Topic's Starter

How would i remove Amons Recovery Image need to replace my phone

Advertisement
  2. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Just flash the RUU. It should replace the recovery image, and it will also wipe your phone.

3. DDustiNN

DDustiNN Well-Known Member

So just flashing the RUU (using Amon, I assume?) will basically completely restore your phone to stock/unrooted state, as if it were brand new? Simple as that?

godson likes this.
  4. godson

There way I do it with out wiping my phone as well does this unroot my phone

5. timmywa

timmywa Well-Known Member

There's an installer program you put on your computer that runs the flash. It wipes your phone and unroots it.

6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

You can't unroot without wiping the phone.

7. thenestor

Sorry to be a smart-ass about this... Technically you can un-root without wiping the phone, it's just a royal pain. Lots of steps involved. Basically you would flash a stock, non-rooted ROM without doing a wipe (so your /data would still be intact), then flash an S-ON bootloader, and then flash the original recovery image. You'd have to be very familiar with using adb, and you'd have to make sure you use all the right files, and there's no way I'm going to make a set of instructions for doing so because I can't imagine a practical purpose. After all, the only time you benefit from un-rooting is when you're returning the phone, and you should really wipe it if you're returning it anyway.

8. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member

Smartass... :D

thenestor likes this.
  9. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. godson

Can you tell me the program or link it to me because i am just gonna give my phone to VZW and if they say something ill just show up again with it not rooted

11. DroidJW

DroidJW Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-eris/92096-verizons-ruu-official-2-1-droid-eris.html

The RUU is the installer discussed above. This is flashed from your PC, with Eris connected via USB.

NOTE: THIS WILL UNROOT A ROOTED PHONE AND WILL UPDATE YOUR HBOOT TO THE CURRENT VERSION USED BY VERIZON. IF YOU WANT TO ROOT LATER, YOU WILL NEED TO FOLLOW THE NEW "ROOT FOR LEAKERS" METHOD.

If you are just returning the phone to VZW, just run the RUU at link above -- it returns the phone to its original Verizon state (with Android 2.1)

12. godson

cool and also wipes my phone clean right?

13. DroidJW

DroidJW Well-Known Member

Yes, though you may want to format the SD card as well -- some earlier threads about HTC phones (including the Eris) leaving thumbnails of sites visited with browser. A factory reset and/or flashing the RUU will NOT affect SD card, so format the SD card just to be sure.

godson likes this.
  14. thenestor

FYI, you won't have to return the SD card to Verizon if you're getting a warranty replacement. Only if you're returning it as a 30-day return.