Removing applications from drawer

Last Updated:

1. peenapple390

peenapple390 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, so i've searched around here trying a find an answer and I can't seem to find anything.

I was wondering if there was a way to take the applications that are in the drawer and move them to a folder. I don't like that fact that I have all these applications in the drawer, it gets too congested. I would just like to put them in a folder on on of my home screens so its a little bit more cleaned up...

Thanks guys!!

Advertisement
  2. eclipsed4utoo

eclipsed4utoo Well-Known Member

You can create a folder and drag an app from the drawer to the folder, but that simply creates a shortcut to the app so the icon still stays in the drawer.

Only way to remove from the drawer is to uninstall the app.

3. enduser

enduser Member

you can permanently hide them or get rid of them with root.

kg.

4. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Just long click on the app and a short cut will appear on your your home sreen. Then you long click and drag it to your folder. I have 8 folders labeled with 8-10 apps in them each. I keep all the folders in my right screen and save the center screen for most used apps (because center screen appears anytime hit the "home softkey").
    there ia also an app called Apps Organizer (Android Store) that does what you want and has labels (you can customize,add,delelete and uninstall). One folder instead of 8 or 10.
    I am testing the app now (been a week) before I trash my folders, so far so good.

5. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member

The OP doesn't want a folder on the home screen, they want to organize the apps in the app drawer itself. I'd like to do the same, but it seems its only possible by rooting the droid.

Also doesn't do what the OP wants. It's essentially the same as folders which Android does natively, except with the program, the "folders" or in this case "labels" have skinned icons. The app drawer is still a mess though. I tried out AppsOrganizer and sure it is nice, but it does the same thing as folders albeit with an interface so its easier to accomplish the tasks, although how hard is it to create a folder and drop icons in it.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Root Droid
    Rename stock apps in /system/app folder
    Done.
    :)

7. fatalacorn

fatalacorn Member

download dxTop, it gives you the option to create and set "categories" for each application.. then sorts those applications by whatever you set it, and creates drop down menus for each category.. keeps it all nice and clean.. love it!

EDIT: to create a category for the application, just open the app drawer, long press on the application and click "set category"

unfortunately, you have to do this for every app, but the end result is a very neat, organized application drawer.

Also, DxTop home replacement costs like... $3 or something in the marketplace.

8. crankerchick

Cool, that is worth checking out.

9. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

To make a folder on the home page is easy. Just long click on a blank spot on the home page. A pop up will appear, then choose folder. If you long click on the word folder you can change the name. I am not rooted and can do this without problems.

10. crankerchick

That is my point.

11. godfatherip

godfatherip Member

GDE will also let you make folders for your app drawer (without rooting). When you click the app drawer it will pop up and you will have the choice of "all applications" plus all of the different app folders. It is kind of a pain to set up unfortunately since you have to drag apps into the folders one at a time but in the end you will have an app drawer organized by folders so you won't need to scroll through everything to find the app you want.

12. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Member

ummm elaborate please how does this help? does it create folder in app drawer or what?

13. techker

techker Well-Known Member

GDE thats the name to lok for in the market?

14. MrDeeJ

MrDeeJ Well-Known Member

LauncherPro allows you to hide apps in your App Drawer you do not want to see. I have it hiding the Bloatware Apps that I cannot uninstall.

15. Coronach

Coronach Well-Known Member

Yep, I just got LauncherPro yesterday, and I promptly hid a bunch of apps. LauncherPro is free (despite the 'pro' part of the name), and seems to work pretty well. In addition to the ability to hide apps, you get a tweakable menu at the bottom of the screen, up to seven home screens and the ability to change the number of rows and columns on each home screen.

Mike

16. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Active Member

Go launcher has this funtionality and it works great.