1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Tips Removing Bloatware from AT&T Note 3

1. xenonsupra

xenonsupra Well-Known Member

I am an iPhone user who has preordered the Note III. It will be my first android device after using 6 iPhones and multiple iPads.

I'm curious what the best ways are to go about removing any bloatware that comes preinstalled on the device. I am not looking to root the phone but would like to clean it up a bit and get it running as fast as possible.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement
  2. Scootmien

Scootmien Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, if you aren't looking at rooting the device, the best thing you can do is to stop, disable and hide the apps from the screen. the only way to remove apps is by rooting and even then care must be taken that removal of one app doesn't break device functionality in some way as some pre-installed apps are linked.
    zendroid and xenonsupra like this.
  3. xenonsupra

xenonsupra Well-Known Member

Thanks.

So from what I've read this is my best option for cleaning things up....

Settings -> Applications Manager
    Uninstall Updates
    Restore to Factory Version
    Disable
  4. zendroid

zendroid Guest

My concern would be that it removes all updates, not just those for carrier apps...

Comments anyone?
  5. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member

It only does it for the app selected... So it would have to be done on each one no chance of it doing it for non carrier bloatware unless you go into that app...
    zendroid likes this.
  6. zendroid

zendroid Guest

Not having done this before, I found upon trying, that one must select the individual app first. That makes perfect sense. I disabled a few, but not all AT&T apps as somewhere I read to be careful as some might affect others that are needed for proper operation. So far so good :)

Thanks
  7. meat1968

meat1968 New Member

what about installing an unbranded firmware via odin
  8. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby Guides Guide

Is there one?