Removing Bloatware WITHOUT Root

1. KervinMoreno

KervinMoreno Well-Known Member

Advertisement
  2. alfick3

alfick3 Well-Known Member

That looks interesting. I think though, that someone in another thread (or maybe even in this one, I can't remember where I read it now) that the stock recovery simply wipes the phone and brings it back to stock. It's an automatic thing and it doesn't give any options to choose update from zip or any other options. It wouldn't surprise me if that is so, 'cause my LG Optimus M was the same way. I haven't tried it with my Optimus M+ though.
  3. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

Yep i was the one that said that. while trying one of the roots that had you go into stock recovery, all it would do was wipe the phone and start me all over, the phone wouldn't let me go into stock recovery, it would just factory wipe the phone. I was so frustrated I almost threw the phone out the window.:rolleyes:

LG really has this phone locked down. almost makes me think they took out stock recovery. I know crazy thought
    alfick3 likes this.
  4. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

You can go to settings -> apps and disable some apps, like google play books or play movies.
    Uninstall their updates and disable them, they won't show in the app drawer anymore, or annoy you. :D
  5. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

to bad they wont let it disable the metro crap
  6. quechon

quechon Well-Known Member

Specially metro easy wifi
  7. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

:p yep that's the one i wanted get rid of. I don't see any point in it.
  8. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

The first thing I'll do after root is nuke that damn metro easy wifi. LOL
  9. alfick3

I actually like it. Especially since it auto logs me into Starbucks wifi (and other well known free wifi hotspots). I could manually just connect and open my browser, then put the check in the box that I agree to the terms, but I like that easy wifi does it for me (ok, I'm a little lazy). :)
  10. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

:p I'm starting to think you work for metro
  11. alfick3

:D Nope. Just like them. :) When I had my Optimus M rooted, one of the 1st things I did was to remove all the Metro stuff, including the easy wifi. Also, I started flashing different ROM's and none of them had the easy wifi. Now, I purchased the Optimus M+, got it rooted, but decided not to delete the bloat. I did uninstall what could be uninstalled with the app manager. When I was using the OM, and flashing ROM's, I kinda missed the auto log into Starbucks wifi. I still have that on my OM+ and like it.
  12. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I keep some metro stuff here and there, just don't care for the wifi one, seems to make wifi spotty.
  13. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

Not sure how long you've had Metro, but it used to be really bad. To make things worse, it would run your battery down.

I have to agree with you, though. Easy WIFI on the Spirit doesn't seem that bad. It's definitely a lot less intrusive than it used to be! I actually don't mind it, but I'm still unsure on how to use it (or when to use it for that matter).
    alfick3 likes this.
  14. alfick3

I came to Metro in February of '11, so right about 2 years now.

You know, it really is a passive app. It runs in the background, and when I go to Starbucks, it just automatically logs me into the wifi (puts the check in the box saying that I agree to the terms and conditions) and I can just get on and start Web surfing. Now, when I come to a place that I need to log into, it does nothing, I have to go into the wifi settings and log in. You are correct though, in my Optimus M it was a battery drainer. It seems to do well on my Optimus M+. I'm glad to heat that it seems to do well in the Spirit.
  15. haxmethod

haxmethod Well-Known Member

I think that's the first thing anyone does after rooting
  16. alfick3

isaacj87, please pm me. I'd like to talk about DFW, thanks.
  17. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

I thought so too, but some people do like this app.
  18. Ubercharrge

Ubercharrge Well-Known Member

I remember when i got my samsung admire how annoying it was. It killed battery so fast and its icon is so intrusive. Then i found out about Cyanogen Mod, Followed by rooting, etc. Bam, gone! It's still pretty annoying.
  19. cubone

cubone Well-Known Member

I know that feel charge :,l
    I just wanted an affordable smart phone, but life is not that easy :laugh:
  20. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

After activating wifi, i always go into the installed apps, find MetroEasyWifi, and clear data, then KILL it. It stays off till wifi is turned off, then it comes back when you turn it on. It's a little annoying, but less annoying than having to stare at it, IMO. :)
    GameTheory likes this.
  21. Bard

Bard Well-Known Member Developer

Another Dallas resident here hehe :)
  22. Nash Enders

Nash Enders Well-Known Member

You know what's even less annoying? Rooting and removing it altogether. :p