• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing clock from notification bar

ryandelman

Aug 9, 2010
South Jersey
I am running a custom ROM currently that I love and really just want to know if there's a way to dump the clock from the notification bar without flashing a different ROM that offers the capability of doing this.

Is there some custom theme apk I can install that will let me fiddle with the stuff in the notification bar?

Or is anyone else here running the same ROM I am currently (DocRomV8.ADJP5 w/SetiroN kernel) who knows how to edit/mod the notification bar?

Thanks in advance.

-Ryan

I am wanting to do the same thing. I have the Stock 2.1.1 ROM that came with my phone. The clock removal only has been done on other Android phones and it seems that the services.jar file in the framework folder is where this info is stored(if this wrong someone please correct me). I have downloaded a modified services.jar file for the clock removal(from other brand phone) I wonder if I could rename my present file on my phone and then place this new file in the framework folder and if it didn't work I could go back and remove the new file and change name back on the original.

Upvote 0
I am wanting to do the same thing. I have the Stock 2.1.1 ROM that came with my phone. The clock removal only has been done on other Android phones and it seems that the services.jar file in the framework folder is where this info is stored(if this wrong someone please correct me). I have downloaded a modified services.jar file for the clock removal(from other brand phone) I wonder if I could rename my present file on my phone and then place this new file in the framework folder and if it didn't work I could go back and remove the new file and change name back on the original.

Lemme know if you have success with this. I may follow suit.

-Ryan

Upvote 0
Lemme know if you have success with this. I may follow suit.

-Ryan

I haven't tried it yet I was because I not 100% sure if this services.jar file is really specific for each type of phone. There may be other things in this file that might conflict with Captivate phone. If anything did really screw up I assume I could into download mode and reinstall Stock ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones