• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing "Crap"Ware

HomerJayK

Lurker
May 14, 2010
G'day,

How do you get rid of the stock apps when you are rooted but are still running the stock ROM 2.2.1?

I have tried using Titanium Backup but I when I load it it comes up with a error message "can't gain root access. Check you're rooted (which I am) and are running a ROM with Busy Box (which I'm probably not)"

Is Busy Box something that can be added onto the stock ROM or is their another option to remove these apps?

Cheers,
DaveK
Rooted N1
FRG83

Cheers, didn't notice the "problems" button. I tried to download busybox through it but no joy on the install, gives me an error and says see website for details.

I may try installing it manually, we'll see how adventures I am feeling at a later date. There mast be another app out there that does the uninstall of protected apps thing tho, surely.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones