• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing custom Homescreen app

redpanda

Jun 24, 2010
I installed LauncherPro, but I want to try out the default skin again to see if it has any redeeming qualities. I know that the Home Switcher app doesn't work in Froyo, and clearing my LauncherPro defaults doesn't give me the option to switch back.

So my question is this: if I uninstall LauncherPro entirely, will it return to the default skin, or will I get some kind of irrecoverable error since my phone doesn't have a homescreen?

Related question: If I uninstall and reinstall launcher pro, will my phone remember that I have the paid version? (This is probably more of a Launcher Pro question than a Droid 2 question.)

Your right, home switcher doesn't work and clearing defaults in LauncherPro doesn't work for me either.

I've uninstalled a LP a handful of times to go back to the regular stock home with no issues. The default skin is always running I believe so it just reverts back to the default if there is no other option (in this case, LP running). I didn't get any sort of weird error after uninstalling LP, so I believe you may be fine.

Can't speak for your question about the LP paid version. I would think it should be no issue re-installing it and inputting your key again. i could be wrong though :(

Reactions: redpanda
Upvote 0
Thanks! I got it. I think you're right about the default skin constantly running in the background, because it seems faster now that I removed all the widgets from the default homepage (which is what I wanted to test).

I didn't even have to re-enter my LP Plus code, so it probably validated my install based on my Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones