Removing Droid X motoblur/ninjablur skin?

Last Updated:

1. epicness

epicness New Member

Im about to switch to droid finally and i want to know if you can remove the skin and make it the original google skin because I dont want to wait 1-2 months to use new software after each new android update.

2. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

i think the phone is still way too new to answer that question. its only been a few hours.
  3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

I doubt it as the last Moto Blur was not removeable, but once it is rooted, there will probably be custom roms and early release roms based on beta builds.
  4. epicness

epicness New Member

I see.. Oh well I guess
  5. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

your not gonna have to wait 2-3 months. Google already annnounced only 1 major release from here on out
  6. rdub53

rdub53 Active Member

and what do you mean by that?
  7. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he means that they already announced that Froyo (2.2) will be out on the X by the end of summer. This will include flash 10.1

That and the fact that Google said 1 major release every year I believe.
  8. phantom phenom

phantom phenom Well-Known Member

yea, I heard about that too so which mean next year we get major upgrade like gingerbread correct ?
  9. beerhound

beerhound Well-Known Member

Maybe. Google has stated that in the future, a once a year release will help with fragmentation. IIR, Gingerbread is scheduled for the end of this year. If that holds up, then it will be the 4th release in 12 months. As a user, I love the rapid improvement. As a phone maker, it has to be driving them bonkers.

Gingerbread is supposed to bring a lot of the custom UI refinements to a base Android release, once that happens, the phone makers should have less reason to do a custom UI.

I personally hope that Moto decides that the best way to "differentiate" their products from the competition is to go with a stock Android UI and release updates faster than the competition. That would go much farther toward keeping me with Moto products than some silly widgets.