Removing Frequently called numbers from contact listSupport

Last Updated:

1. wineladylc

wineladylc New Member

In my contact list after the listing of "favorites" is a listing of "frequently called numbers" How do I remove numbers from that list?

2. iridris

iridris Member

I would also like to know this. I have one person showing up in my frequently called even though i have never called that person.
  3. swcramer

swcramer New Member

Same issue. I have only one person at the very end of the list of starred contacts under the heading "frequently called" and I have only ever called them one time. Other people in the list have been called multiple times a day!

What's up with this? And... how can I remove the number from this list? How can I just take away this list if I want?
  4. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

The million dollar questions as I have started multiple threads about this. To my knowledge there is not a way to clear this yet. I'm hopeful that the software update will address this. :eek:
  5. Charlie.Masone

Charlie.Masone Active Member

6. Tymanthius

Tymanthius Well-Known Member

Heh. Just change the contact name to "Fred @ Work"

7. Christine

Christine Active Member

Exactly what I was about to post, Mr. Masone!
  8. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

Then your wife will think you're secretly *** :eek:
  9. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

I too was wondering this same thing, hopefully someone can figure out a way.
  10. black743

black743 Active Member

Is there really no way to do this? Its annoying.
  11. zuke_1

zuke_1 New Member

Press and hold on the contact you want to remove and then an alternet menu will pop up.
  12. rawness

rawness Well-Known Member

I don't think you understand the dilemma, long pressing the contact will only allow you delete the contact from the phone completely, not delete it from the log.

Incidentally, after you've deleted that contact from your phone you ARE given the option to delete it from the log. It's an unfortunate oversight by Google/Motorola.
  13. BigWil

BigWil New Member

I agree that not being able to delete these entries is crazy. The new version of Call Log Assistant was released a couple days ago on the market and enables you to delete the frequently called list. I've tried it and it works
    AlleyKat likes this.
  14. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

I don't see this listing on my phone but I delete all my call logs everytime so maybe you can just delete the specific call log for that number then it won't show up on the other list but will still be in favorites if you call them a lot. Just trying to help but maybe I haven't?
  15. katahdin

katahdin Well-Known Member

It's obvious that they are keeping track of all our calls !!! Wooo woooo

Its GooControl !!
  16. jcanig55

jcanig55 New Member

i contacted a verizon reresenitive about this issue. He in turn contacted Motorola. Apparently there is no way to do this as of now without the contact being deleted. As earlier posted stated: there needs to be a software update to correct this issue.
  17. jcbaier2001

jcbaier2001 New Member

Really, I can't find that function
  18. Octavian

Octavian Member

I searched the Android market and could not find the app "Call Log Assistant" is it under a different name?
  19. roys

roys Member

thepinkc and energizerbunny1 like this.
  20. notredewey

notredewey Active Member

Has anyone tried roys program?
  21. jayes

jayes Well-Known Member

This issue (delete frequently called) has only received 20 stars on the Google Code website, but I know there has to be more than 20 people who would like to have the ability to delete frequently called numbers. I even have people on the list I might have called once, but those who I call ALL THE TIME are not there. :confused:

I don't know if it makes a difference if more people star this item, but it can't hurt. The list of items goes on and on and it's impossible to read through the list so the top few keep getting all the hits.
  22. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

21 now! :D
  23. roys

roys Member

energizerbunny1 likes this.
  24. Octavian

Octavian Member

I'm a little hesitant to install from a sorce not familiar to me. I'm sure we shall hear more about this soon
  25. roys

roys Member

-Changed the name to "Frequently Called Remover".

Please uninstall the previous one before installing it.

Please search "Frequently Called Remover" from Android Market.

Regards [​IMG]
    mona912 and energizerbunny1 like this.