• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing Frequently called numbers from contact list

I don't any "Frequently Called" list on my Droid. Nothing after "Favorites", where could it be?

I used to have a Frequently Called list, but I had to exchange my Droid today for rebooting issues. Now the list is GONE! Is this something unique to newer Droids, or will the list rebuild itself after I use the phone more? Did I get a newer operating system today? Very strange.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but hte last post as of 5 days ago is the following:

Comment 46 by dpsmarques, Feb 17 (5 days ago)

Hello everyone,

I have submitted a patch set for review with the option to clear the frequently
called contacts on the favourites tab. Please feel free to look at it and send feedback:

Gerrit Code Review
Gerrit Code Review

Best Regards,

David Sobreira

Hopefully this gets accepted into the source and we all get happy.

Upvote 0
Updates:
-Changed the name to "Frequently Called Remover".

Please uninstall the previous one before installing it.

APK:
Download FrequentlyCalledRemover.apk from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Source Code:
Download FrequentlyCalledRemover-src.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Regards
smile.gif

This is my first time getting a program that isn't from the app market. How do I install this on my phone, I downloaded the apk file to my computer.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me

Upvote 0
I agree that not being able to delete these entries is crazy. The new version of Call Log Assistant was released a couple days ago on the market and enables you to delete the frequently called list. I've tried it and it works

I just installed Call Log Assistant and tried it and it did allow me to delete contacts from my favorites as well as several other useful features. Nice app for US$1.50.

Upvote 0
I just removed a bunch of #'s from frequently called list. Press and hold the contact and an option will come up for removing that contact from the frequently called list only, it won't delete the contact from phone.
First of all, Thank you roys for uploading this app!
I tried gvgriessel's method to remove single entry but it did not work on my Nexus one :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones