1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Removing Google Voice

1. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to remove Google Voice from the cell phone and return to Verizon voicemaii?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Google Voice is just an app that you can uninstall from the market. I have never done this, because I vastly prefer GV, but to remove it as the voicemail provider, I believe that you go into Google Voice on a PC browser, settings->Google Voice settings - next to your mobile phone number should be a link to deactivate Google voicemail on the phone.
  3. ttran97

ttran97 Well-Known Member

Home screen -> Menu -> Settings -> Call -> Voicemail Service. Select the dropdown button and choose My Carrier.
  4. Blizzard

Blizzard Well-Known Member

Thanks for you help !!

I went into Google Voice, settings which advised me to call *73 on my phone. I did that - it connected, then automatically disconnected and removed Goggle Voice.
    v1ella likes this.
  5. minigts

minigts New Member

I'm sure the answer you gave is somewhere obvious on Google's voice site, but I couldn't find it anywhere I looked. Thanks for posting this, I joined this forum just to say thanks.

If you don't mind, WHERE on the GV settings did you see this information? I have looked I think everywhere and didn't see this. They really should post this somewhere more obvious because I personally don't like the fact I can't use Verizon to listen to my messages, it's just much easier to manage.
  6. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Its under your phone's Call settings. You just change the voicemail service back to verizon and it should give you the number to change it back.
  7. miggest

miggest Member

I had to call Sprint after I removed GV because I couldn't make or receive calls. They had to make a change on their end to get text and voice working again.