• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Kingoroot

TimmayJones

Aug 15, 2015
I am removing Kingoroot on my LG Volt and am going to get SuperSU, what do I need to do with my apps that require root during the time that the phone is unrooted? Will they remain intact if I simply stop them? Xposed and Busy Box are the ones that worry me most (I'm a relative noob), those 2 look like they're pretty deep into the OS (again, I'm probably not using correct terminology in some instances here, the noob is strong with this one :p ) Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you're going to be using SuperSU-Me, correct?

If so, your current root apps (other than the King* root apps) will remain untouched and unchanged.

You'll have to re-authorize those app's access to root when they request root access--i.e., you'll get a prompt from SuperSU instead of the King* root version of SuperSU.

Cheers!

Reactions: TimmayJones
Upvote 0
Okay, I got SuperSume on my phone, everything was going fine until I rebooted and lost root. I still have King Root on it and it wants me to update the binaries. At this point, would it be better for me to go with a different rooting app? I'm not exactly enamored with Kingoroot, this might be a good point from which to change apps I think?

Upvote 0
Not sure...did your interaction with SuperSU-Me look like what the video from the Play Store description?

The video showed all of the King-related root apps were gone after SuperSu-Me was run even without having rebooted.

The guys (and gals :)) over in the LG Volt root area might have some specific advice for you...lemme know if you'd like me to move your thread over there.

Upvote 0
Not sure...did your interaction with SuperSU-Me look like what the video from the Play Store description?

The video showed all of the King-related root apps were gone after SuperSu-Me was run even without having rebooted.

The guys (and gals :)) over in the LG Volt root area might have some specific advice for you...lemme know if you'd like me to move your thread over there.
When I rebooted, it got the update I have staved off with another app.

Upvote 0
Success :) I just had to reinstall SuperSU after getting the update I was avoiding, couldn't be easier :) So King Root is completely gone now? All the icons disappeared like they were supposed to, I'm giving permissions through SuperSU now, was it really that easy? Somebody please chime in and tell me I got this right :) it seemed a little too easy. Oh, when I click the SuperSume icon now, it just goes to a black screen. Can I delete that part of the operation now?

Upvote 0
Yea kingroot is gone if its using su for permissions. Just a word of advice you seem new to rooting and such before you mess with any kind of system apps or do any kind of mods read up on it to see what it does and don't be afraid to ask. I've seen so many people mess up their phones because they played with some font changer or some rom pimping app or just deleted system apps thinking they were "debloating" their device. You can do serious irreversible damage if you mess with some stuff. The volt luckily is pretty hard to hard brick but just make sure what you are doing will work for the device.

Upvote 0
I have removed a few system apps but I'm being Very careful about that, I'm probably down to the ones I'm gonna keep now, no worries in that area. When I install SuperSU and then reboot, it says something like "android upgrading " and then when it is fully booted, I have lost root. At that point, I can reinstall KingRoot and it doesn't do that (it's working as we speak) I have frozen the System Update app without issue and rebooted several times so I don't think it's a system update that keeps kicking my SuperSU off, I'm still on 4.4.2

Upvote 0
Oh, and I have the Disable Service app and have disabled system updates, I used that to catch and remove (? At least I think it's gone) the update before it installed. Having good success with removing some system apps, I read several sources on each one before I remove it but lol I removed LG Home (my launcher ) by mistake. I got to the Play Store via a pending Google update in my dropdown screen and got Nova Launcher which is better than stock anyway, I seem to be having some plain old dumb luck in this adventure :p I have freed up some RAM and the phone is considerably faster than before, antutu gives me a 19,000ish benchmark number now where before it was in the 15000s. It has snapdragon quad core processor but it seems to only be using one at the moment, trying to figure out how to wake the other 3 up. Anyway, thanks a lot for your input here, main issue now is SuperSU works fine til I reboot, then the phone unroots itself, trying to figure out how to make SuperSU stick. Kingoroot doesn't do that and is working presently.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones