Removing notification barSupport

Last Updated:

1. TravisG

TravisG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did some searching and didn't really come up with an answer, so flame away if it's out there.

Is there a way to get rid of the entire notification bar at the top of the screen? I am running Bat Stat and Clockr so I thought it would be nice to get rid of it. TIA.

Advertisement
  2. SwisherSweets

SwisherSweets Well-Known Member

i do believe you can do this with lpp and widgetlocker

3. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

In ADW.Launcher, there is a checkbox to Hide Status Bar in it's options. I have mine set to manually hide/unhide with a swipe up, because sometimes I want to take a quick peek at it, but otherwise I want it hidden.

4. escalade6103

escalade6103 Well-Known Member

Launcher pro has the option to hide notification bar. It's a pretty awesome app. Paid version is worth it being able to resize widgets. Scrollable dock bar along with being able to put more widgets per screen as well. It just has tons of customization on it. But be sure to clear all ur stock home screens or else it will have things running in the background and slow it down. You can install home switcher if you need to go back and forth between home screens

Gareee likes this.
  5. nofez

nofez Active Member

With Launcher Pro Plus, not only can you hide the notification bar, but you can set an action to toggle it hidden/visible. For example, I have the center dock icon set to open the app tray when I press it, and to toggle the notification bar visibility when I swipe it.

6. Stealthman

Stealthman Well-Known Member

I've found LPP to be very laggy especially since froyo and yes I cleared everything off the home screens before. LPP looks nice but was not worth the lag, stock launcher is great for me.

7. nlsme

nlsme Well-Known Member

I get 0 lag from lpp on my x.

8. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

Zeam also allows you to hide it. It also lets you set up a gesture to toggle whether it's hidden.

9. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Is there a way to stop TXT messages to show the content of the TXT in the notification bar? I'm always afraid a friend is gonna say something my kid shouldn't read while playing a game. I have lots of friends that kid around lot with me.

10. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Hiding notification bar:
    with LP(and even without it?):

-Option button
    -Preferences
    -Appearance Settings
    -Check...Hide notification bar