• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing or deleting quick settings

VMuser

Oct 7, 2011
I have a Samsung S4 mini. Reasonably good phone, fits my needs....But I hate the quick settings on the notification area. Is there a way to remove these?

- I can root the phone, then what? I want to keep the manufacturers rom, and do not want to load another launcher, etc.

So if anyone knows exactly how to do this, pls replay with a step by step method to get rid of these annoying toggles.

Thx

R

I don't have a problem rooting, my question is as follows: once I root the phone, what steps do I take to disable or hide quick settings?

I do not want to install something on top of the of
OS or the launcher, since the more stuff that it's installed the bigger probability that something goes haywire.

So if you have a way to do this without installing a framework like xposed or anything like that, by all means I'm interested.

Upvote 0
This guide is for the s III mini, but the instructions should be similar or exactly the same.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2300096

To follow this guide you will need to have basic knowledge of adb and apktool. There isn't going to be a setting to simply turn them off. you will either have to use xposed (as noted above) or manually remove/edit the lines of code that tell the phone to display the quick settings

Reactions: VMuser
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones