removing preinstalled apps on the galaxySupport

Last Updated:

1. 242stickman

242stickman New Member This Topic's Starter

hi all, i have tried everywhere to the the info i need to do this but i just cant seem to get a thread that fully explains out my problem

to remove the apps i know you have to root and have something like root explorer... but when i delete the app it returns when i close root explorer i have tried many programs and all the samething..

anyone know why this is and how to do it ?

im running 2.2

Thanx

Advertisement
  2. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

If you have your phone rooted you can try Titanium Backup from the Market. It has uninstall option.

3. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Just what I was going to suggest, be careful which ones you remove though as it will let you remove ones that are required for the phone to work.

4. 242stickman

242stickman New Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried titanium and it does the same as root explorer... it deletes them.. but then they return when you close the app so they never really deleted

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Thats interesting, because Titanium completely removed Swype for me (only leaving behind a small file that prevented me from installing the updated Swype beta, eventually found and deleted said file with Root Explorer). What are you choosing to remove the programs?

6. justiyad

justiyad Well-Known Member

For Titanium Backup to work your phone has to be in USB Debugging mode, make sure it is before starting TB and when you go to Backup/Restore, select the app and select Un-install not Delete, Delete removes the backup files not the application.