Removing scratches from the screen?Tips

1. bleetness

bleetness Well-Known Member

I've heard of a banana method from a friend, but are there any other methods? I dont mind buying like a solvent or something.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Well-Known Member

I've heard tooth paste? Not quite ballsy enough to rub tooth paste on my phone, though.
  3. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

take it to a respairshop andjust have another screen installed if it is scratch/scuff to bad.
  4. trygunzy

trygunzy Well-Known Member

That works with cd's lol
  5. bleetness

bleetness Well-Known Member

Hm, I suppose I'll call the local metro store tomorrow to see if they do that.
  6. romaneric93

romaneric93 Member

There's a special screen protector that fills in the scratches so it looks like new. Forgot what it's called though :/
  7. yahhboy

yahhboy Well-Known Member

Get high grain sand paper and evenly sand the screen till the scratches camoflauge with the rest :smokingsomb:
    Russ71 likes this.
  8. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

just get a digitizer off eBay and install it. Will set you back about 25 bucks.
  9. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

The Zagg does that, but only for scratches on the protector.
  10. kashrulez1

kashrulez1 Member

how the heck did you scratch your screen ... i cant get a scratch on mine no matter how hard i try... and ive had it almost a year
  11. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Not to be funny and i haven't tried it yet cause i don't have scraps or scratched device yet but try headlight restoring kit on the glass if you don't want to buy a new digitalizer from ebay .
  12. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I said that too now I have a V shaped one right under the camera. No clue how it happened tho
  13. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

Can't you just get a replacement back cover or is it on the camera part itself?
  14. Pappy62

Pappy62 Well-Known Member

Toothpaste won't work on Gorilla Glass... :(

I'd replace it.

(Toothpaste will make Gorilla Glass look hazy - after 20 minutes with a power buffer... it's a lost cause)
  15. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

Toothpaste works on watches, from the old days. Ok, seriously though, the solution advertized that fills scratches on eyeglasses should do the job and would be much less costly. I used it to fill deep scratches in eyeglasses. Never knew they were even there. Can't remember what its called though.