Removing sd cardGeneral

Last Updated: 2014-02-03 20:11:56
  1. txaspeat

txaspeat Active Member

Whats the point of having to unmount the sd card in storage settings when you have to take the battery out to actually remove it? Doesn't that defeat the point of using the unmount setting?

Advertisement
  2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi

Yes if you are removing it, but you may want to unmount it so that you can format it using the phone, without turning the phone off or removing the sdcard.

Roger
    txaspeat likes this.
  3. txaspeat

txaspeat Active Member

So if i want to take out my memory card to add music do i unmount it in storage settings then turn off the phone and remove battery? Or can i just turn off the phone and then take the battery out and then the memory card?
  4. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste Guide

Hi again

No need to unmount it first if you power off properly before removing the battery. It will be re mounted every time you power on with the card in place.

Roger
    txaspeat likes this.
  5. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Putting my bits in, if you unmount your card via settings, there isn't any need to power the phone off.

Once you reinsert the card, tap mount SD card and your good to go.
    txaspeat likes this.
  6. txaspeat

txaspeat Active Member

On my s3 mini the sd card is under the battery so you cant take out the sd card without taking out the battery first, thats why I couldnt see the point of the unmount procedure, because no matter what, the phone is gonna be powerless when you take the sd card out.

I just wasnt sure if I should unmount every time I wanna take it out then power off and remove battery and sd card...... or I can just turn the phone off as per usual then remove the battery and sd card.

Thanks!!!
  7. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Sorry my fault I wasn't aware the SD card was under the battery.

In this case there isn't any need to unmount before powered off and typically when the phone is powered off, it already is unmounted might as well say.
    txaspeat likes this.