• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing SIM lock from Desire S

I think they may need activating so will try it in the wifes Orange phone and see if it activates.

In the instructions to the Orange sim it does say they when the card is first put in the phone I will receive a text with the phone number, but obviously this cant be done when the phone is locked to Vodafone.

Will keep you updated! :)

Upvote 0
It appears that the instructions included in the Orange SIM pack are wrong as they say when you insert the card for the first time you get text the number, which does not happen.

I went on the Orange website and activated the SIM, put it in the phone and it works.

So it would appear the handset I got direct from Vodafone is already unlocked as it takes both the Vodafone contract and Orange PAYG SIMs.

Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones