• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing sim or phone contacts

BurnCK

Nov 18, 2010
Manchester, UK
Can anybody tell me whether its better to have phonebook contacts stored on my phone or my sim ? At the moment they appear to be on both as when I use smart dial it shows each name twice (one with a picture icon and the other with a sim icon).

I presume that contacts have to be stored on the phone in order to sync them with facebook for their profile pics ? If so, how can I hide the sim contacts ?

Thanks

SIM contacts wont hold as much info about your contacts as Phone storage, email addy's etc. If you have them set to your Gmail you can have them sync with your phone. V handy.

Bring up the your contacts list press MENU then VIEW, choose your settings.

Thanks but I have managed to remove the ones stored on my sim already when Im viewing the contacts list....however when I smart dial via the dialler it still shows both phone and sim contacts.

Upvote 0
> People > Menu button > View > unmark all, only mark SIM > Ready
> Menu button > Delete > Menu button > Choose All > Delete

EDIT: I have to add: Having contacts back to SIM there is no easy way :)

Harry

I wouldnt advise removing contacts from sim card if you can help it otherwise if your phohe has to go away for repair and you want to use your sim in an old phone you cant as all the contacts are gone!!

i know people will say that you can always sync them back but not if its a cheap old phone that you just want to use until you get your phone back.

Im talking from experience, i tried everything to get my contacts back on to my sim and failed at every attempt :mad:

Pete

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones