Removing stock browser

Last Updated:

1. obsidianwings

obsidianwings Well-Known Member

How can I remove the stock browser? I'm using opera so want to get rid of it. My phone is rooted, I have used titanium backup to get rid of some other things, but can't find the browser in it.

2. vipul619

vipul619 Well-Known Member

the system app of bookmarks is your browser.
    delete that using titanium and u'll get rid of the stock browser.
    But mind that flash player wont run in opera mini, so if u use flash player to view videos on youtube, u'll need Stock browser.
    obsidianwings likes this.
  3. p-bOt

p-bOt Well-Known Member

you will probably have problems with the market if you remove the stock browser. I wouldn't delete it
    obsidianwings likes this.
  4. obsidianwings

Ok thanks for both of those tips, I will leave it alone.
  5. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member

Bookmarks is just the bookmarks widget. There is a separate app called "Browser". Before you uninstall it why dont you freeze it first for a few days, see if it is causing any problems with market or anything else, then uninstall it. You can freez using many root apps - both free and paid. eg. Link2SD (free) and Titanium Backup Pro (paid).

I actually uninstalled bookmarks and kept the stock browser. Note that you'll need to flash if you need the default browser again.
  6. obsidianwings

I can't find the browser still. Thanks though.
  7. obsidianwings

I installed flash player using an .apk, I am running dolphin browser now instead of opera anyway.
  8. Gremaldin

Gremaldin Well-Known Member