• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing symbol from my apps screen where the programme has been installed.

Thanks for suggestion.
I did this and symbol grew bigger and on top of screen info said drag to empty screen to see options. I did and a dustbin symbol appeared on bottom of screen so I dragged it there and it vanished.
However when I went back to the screen with all the apps it had returned! I tried several times but same result.

Upvote 0
You might make certain aren't given a dustbin on the screen where the icon is when you long press. It's there that you should dump it. This is a long shot but easily done and sometimes clears wonky problems such as you describe. Power off the phone, pull out the battery for a few, reinsert the battery, and power back up. Then try your long press and drag to the dumpster. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones