Removing symbol from my apps screen where the programme has been installed.Support

1. alggomas

alggomas Member

I installed an English/Welsh dictionary app. I think I must have uninstalled it because when I click on the app it says : the linked programme is no longer installed on your phone.

How do I remove the app symbol please?

Advertisement
    :
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Try long pressing the symbol and see what options appear. I hope this helps.
  3. alggomas

alggomas Member

Thanks for suggestion.
    I did this and symbol grew bigger and on top of screen info said drag to empty screen to see options. I did and a dustbin symbol appeared on bottom of screen so I dragged it there and it vanished.
    However when I went back to the screen with all the apps it had returned! I tried several times but same result.
  4. mysticspiral

mysticspiral Well-Known Member

By chance did you have another launcher installed on your phone and then at some point uninstall it it . ? I have had this same issue before and I found out it had something to do withn the launcher I had installed and then later uninstalled.
  5. alggomas

alggomas Member

I have no idea what a "launcher" is!
    All I did was remove the original sd card and it's contents and upgraded to a 16gb card.

Thanks for the suggestion.
  6. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

You might make certain aren't given a dustbin on the screen where the icon is when you long press. It's there that you should dump it. This is a long shot but easily done and sometimes clears wonky problems such as you describe. Power off the phone, pull out the battery for a few, reinsert the battery, and power back up. Then try your long press and drag to the dumpster. I hope this helps.