Removing that constant GPS/location icon?

Last Updated:

1. lvlln

lvlln Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if it was possible to remove the persistent location icon that takes up space on the status bar. It doesn't make sense to me that the location icon ALWAYS has to be there, whether you enable GPS tracking or not, to let you know one way or another. Especially since the Motorola Droid didn't require this.

Also, it would be nice if the battery indicator could be changed to a percentage. Right now, I have an app - Battery Indicator - that tells this, but it places an icon in the left side of the status bar, needlessly taking up space as well.

It would be killer for me if I could get rid of these 2 superfluous status bar icons and leave room for other stuff.

I'm running Third Wave, Hydra Kernel 1, but I'm guessing a separate ROM would be necessary to do what I want. MetaMorph doesn't work for me, for what it's worth.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

lvlln likes this.
  3. lvlln

Nice! I installed the smooth-sense-1.0-white-battery-text-Incredible-Stock-8-1.zip and then the no-GPS + transparent shade from xda-developers - View Single Post - [Transparent Notification Background] For latest 8/1 Froyo update, and I'm loving getting back the 2 spaces on my status bar. However, the transparent shade didn't seem to take... is there a way to patch that in separately?

4. yojoe600

5. lvlln

6. yojoe600

i miss spelled it its suppose to be no loc for no location and yes it does all those