• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Removing the orange border (Solved)

Does it look like this:
Screenshot_20160924-171453.png

If so, it's the battery saver.

Upvote 0
Sounds like battery saver mode. Check settings >battery > tap the 3 dot menu in the upper right corner > battery saver

Then there are settings in there about when or if it turns on automatically, which is triggered by a low battery percentage remaining. There is an option to have it not turn on automatically.

Upvote 0
I finally discovered what's going on. The orange border indicates magnification mode. It's turned on by triple-tapping the screen -- and it's turned off the same way. So the answer to my question is simple: triple-tap and the orange border will disappear (provided that your triple-tap is recognized, which it isn't always). This behavior can be turned off under Accessibility.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this answer! I have been getting this frustrating issue for a number of years, mostly when I am in a huge hurry to text something, which of course, the stupid orange box completely derails, slowing my process to a stop and doing the opposite. Finally today at 330am est, I became fed up and decided to figure it out and found your answer, the only correct one, way down the screen search results behind all the wrong answers. Never thought of a TRIPLE Touch causing it and would have never stumbled on the solution myself. You deserve a Pulitzer, a bottle of your favorite beverage, and a day off! Thanks again! Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones