1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

removing three bloatware

1. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

hey guys,

iv bin happily rooted for few weeks now :D and want to removed some the bloatware that three put on there phones, do i just use tb to remove them and how do i know wot is safe to remove and wots not,

cheers for any help guys

Aaron

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Aren't you using ARHD? That shouldn't have network bloatware installed.
  3. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

yeah was just thinking if i ever want for some bizzare reason to go back to stock, jus more out of interest really EL
  4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! VIP Member

Ah ok.

Not sure to be honest. I know removing anything that came pre installed on the handset that you can add an account for in Accounts & Sync is a pretty bad idea, but if they put games etc on there, that'd probably be ok. Anything that mentioned 3 would probably cause problems too.

As long as you take a backup in CWM before you do anything, you're safe. If you try to remove something the system thinks it needs to load on boot, then you'll go into a bootloop and they only way to sort would be restoring your backup.

There isn't a comprehensive list unfortunately so it would just be a case of trial and error.
  5. Shonan

Shonan Well-Known Member

OK bud thanks. I may dare to give it a go in the future. Tho I'm happy as on ARHD
  6. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Just an FYI but I've just rooted my year old DHD for the first time using the AceHack SW mentioned over on xda. Not wanting, yet anyway, to install another ROM, just wanted to be able to do things like remove bloatware. Again, there wasn't too much of that as mine was unlocked and unbranded but just things like Facebook, Amazon MP3, etc.

I just 'froze' the apps. using AntTek App Manager from the market. Seemed to get good reviews and works so far for me. Though if you've already got TB probably not much use. But just to add it is free.

Just my tuppence worth.

Dave
    Shonan and El Presidente like this.