Removing TouchFlo from G2 TouchSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bapp

Bapp Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys I accidentally realised how to shut down touchFlo on the G2 Touch, which cuts out the lag issues. Obviously those with an unlocked handset will simply download the task killer app and turn it off, but for the G2 touch it is not so straight forward.

To do this open a webpage (anything at all) then press and hold the Home button, the normal pop up will occur of the last six app used. Next click the back arrow and you will see an option saying "complete action using" >Home or >touch flow. By clicking Home you will revert to the orginal android UI as seen in the G1. The next step is to open the task killer and kill touchFlo. Done.

Obviously there are some disadvantages, it doesn't look as nice, the widgets are few and far between and there is only 3 screens. However you still have the facebook sync in the people app and the lag is gone.

So, it just a decision of weather you prefer style over function.

Advertisement
  2. Tj-Hero

Tj-Hero Member

Hey you can also just use the Menu Switcher app, one click and it's done.

3. Bapp

Bapp Member This Topic's Starter

Menu switcher app, I don't see it on the UK t-mobile market?

4. Tj-Hero

Tj-Hero Member

Hi, you just need to search "home switcher" in the android market, i'm with t-mob and got it working fine, though i still have Touchflo(sense) looks better than standard android!

5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

The method posted in the original post is actually a glitch caused by astrid. You should actually do it by going to settings - applications - manage - touchflow - clear defaults. The next time you press the home screen it will ask you which one you want.