Removing Tracfone Boot Logo Startup & ShutdownTips

1. viiron

viiron Active Member

Once your phone is rooted, do the following to remove the ugly Tracfone boot and shutdown animations (fairly simple)

In /system/media append .old (rename) to the following files:

Startup
    bootsamsung.qmg
    bootsamsungloop.qmg

Shutdown / Power Off

In /system/media/video/shutdown append .old (rename) shutdown.qmg

Should also mention that placing bootanimation.zip(s) in this folder does nothing. Also...when you first boot the phone the Samsung logo still appears, then goes straight to the main lock screen.

And there you have it. No more unsightly Tracfone logos. :)

Advertisement
    SteveCampsOut likes this.
  2. mazzy70

mazzy70 New Member

Hi there,

I tried this on my Centura, and after renaming the file it said, "could not write file." I did try renaming it using Astro, and the ES File Explorer. ES doesn't give me an error when trying to rename, but it doesn't rename it either. I rename it, click ok and nothing happens. Maybe that had something to do with it, as I could not find the system folder hooked up to the USB. I am rooted using the poot method, and verified using root check. I've restarted the phone, but no avail. Anything you could add? Thanks!
  3. viiron

viiron Active Member

You'll need to mount the directory R/W before renaming the files.
    mazzy70 likes this.
  4. mazzy70

mazzy70 New Member

Thanks, worked perfect, I forgot all about the mounting of the directory.
  5. StixMan

StixMan New Member

This worked for me w/o a hitch but it seems to have increased my shutting down and powering up times?

Thanks!
  6. mazzy70

mazzy70 New Member

Same for me. The shutdown is really slow, but the startup isn't all that noticable.
  7. viiron

viiron Active Member

Aside from perception of time (since there's nothing to watch), removing the tracfone boot/shutdown animations has 0 effect on the time it takes for either to complete.
  8. SteveCampsOut

SteveCampsOut Well-Known Member

Wondering if we can replace the old ones with one of our own. Found the Samsung Theme Designer thread over at XDA Developers and am going to give it a try.
  9. mac55

mac55 Member

Worked fine on my st phone. Had to use super manager to rename files. Went into audio too and got rid of startup sound too.
  10. rlg118

rlg118 Member

I have a Centura and this is what I did (you need to be rooted to do this):

Using X-plore (with "Superuser + mount writable" permission set in the configuration), I navigated to /system/media/audio/ui and found two culprits: PowerOn.ogg and PowerOff.ogg.

I changed the file extensions from ".ogg" to ".off". It was as easy as that.
  11. sultan

sultan New Member

am unable to find above files.pls help
    i accessed through es file explorer.
    system-->media--->i could see following files
    bootanimation_ck.z,bootanimation_gk.z,bootanimation_gk.zi,bootanimation_sky
    ,bootanimation_sp4,bootanimation.zip,shutanimation_ck.z,shutanimation_gk.z,
    shutanimation_gt.zi,shutanimation_sky,shutanimatio_sp4,shutanimation.zip

please help which of above files should i rename in order to change android logo to samsung logo during shutting and starting of device.

thanks in advance
  12. rlg118

rlg118 Member

In my previous post, I got rid of the startup and shutdown sounds.

To get rid of the blue Tracfone logos, I went to /system/media and renamed these two:

bootsamsung.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg.old

and

bootsamsungloop.qmg to bootsamsung.qmg.old