Removing unlimited text for upgraded Nexus one?

Last Updated:

1. kimlee17

kimlee17 New Member This Topic's Starter

I upgraded to Nexus one as an existing T-mo customer and I have had it for about two weeks. At the time of activation, I needed to get unlimited texting, which I do not use much. Do you guys know if I can remove the unlimited texting feature with no charge? Am I going to be charged with the early termination fee from google? ( they lowered the fee recently for existing t-mo customer to $50). Thanks for you help, guys.

Advertisement
  2. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

plan changes w tmo cost nothing.

3. sl33py

sl33py Active Member

dial 611 and chat w/ them.

there shouldn't be a charge to make small changes like that. BUT i did get popped for switching plans all together to the unlimited plus - without setting up a new 2yr service plan. I shouldsave money month to month since i got an unlocked N1.

If you are on the plan you need when signing up for an N1 - it probably won't reduce your cost any. I don't txt much either, but it's included in my unlimited data plan. Removing it doesn't change plan cost, but i would get a per SMS fee (.20? iirc). So though i don't use it, i do get some from friends. So i'm leaving mine alone.

call CS at 611. they'll explain it to you.

hth!

4. kimlee17

Thanks for the comment!
    Unfortunately, I have even more plan, which has only a option of unlimited web for 30 and unlimited text for 10, unlike even more plus plan.

I gave them a call, and the rep said it is totally on the contract with google, not with t-mo. So I can get rid of the the unlimited text, but that may be against the contact with google.

I sent a mail to google, and I think I have to wait and see what they say.
    :confused:

5. kimlee17

Both T-mo and google said it is NOT a requirement to have an unlimited text, so I removed it!:)

6. sl33py

sl33py Active Member

glad i could help out a bit. So you will save 10$ ea month? Still have unlimited data right?

If so i'll have to call and see if they can do that for me. I'm sending more of my txt msgs as email anyway. But probably get dinged the .20 ea txt i get still.

hmm...

thx for the info.

7. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

woah, so you can get the even more plan which is unlimited text and internet, remove the text and save ten bucks?

So the Even More Plus plan would be 49 a month instead of 59?

You can use google voice for text anyway