• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Removing Unwanted Apps

JamesJoey

May 2, 2012
I really like my G2x. But, there are many apps that came with the phone that I don't use. Currently I'm using around 5% of the apps. The apps that came with the phone I am unable to uninstall.
I've tried rooting but I only had the pleasure of checking out 1 rom until I bricked the phone installing the second rom.
I don't suppose there are any apps that can get rid of these unused apps???
Or, are there any phones that don't have all this extra stuff--phones that just have the bare necessities??

James

I really like my G2x. But, there are many apps that came with the phone that I don't use. Currently I'm using around 5% of the apps. The apps that came with the phone I am unable to uninstall.
I've tried rooting but I only had the pleasure of checking out 1 rom until I bricked the phone installing the second rom.
I don't suppose there are any apps that can get rid of these unused apps???
Or, are there any phones that don't have all this extra stuff--phones that just have the bare necessities??

James

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus is a straight android phone. [Samsung Galaxy Nexus forum] Other than switching to that device, you'll need to root in order to delete OEM added overlays/skins.

Upvote 0
I rooted and installed "Titanium backup". I donated so I'm able to "Freeze" the apps.

When Titanium backs up the app where does it back it up to??
If I do a Factory Data Reset will I lose the backups?
If I do a Factory Data Reset will the apps I froze still be frozen?
If I do a Factory Data Reset is the phone still rooted?

Upvote 0
I rooted and installed "Titanium backup". I donated so I'm able to "Freeze" the apps.

When Titanium backs up the app where does it back it up to??
If I do a Factory Data Reset will I lose the backups?
If I do a Factory Data Reset will the apps I froze still be frozen?
If I do a Factory Data Reset is the phone still rooted?
The apps are backed up to the sd card

If you do a factory reset, I THINK, they come back... I've never tried.

If you do a factory reset, you will not lose root. But when rooted you should only do a factory reset from within a custom recovery, not the one in the phone settings menu.

Moved this to the root section for your phone where users more knowledgeable with your phone can help:
http://androidforums.com/g2x-all-things-root/

Reactions: JamesJoey
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones