1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Removing "Verizon Wireless" from lock screen?General

1. JulieJHawk

JulieJHawk Active Member

Is there a way to remove the words "Verizon Wireless" from the lock screen? (other than installing an app like Lockbot or No Lock)
    Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
    :
  2. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Can't be done until the Inc is rooted.
  3. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

I don't have that?
  4. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

In About Phone... Operator Name 'Unknown' -- woot.
  5. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Active Member

Great, I didn't even realize it was there until you pointed it out. Now it will be staring me in the face every time.
  6. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

Root = "Root Access" (a.k.a. super user privilidges). This is not something you get out of the box (go figure). There are smart folks working hard to correct this oversight, but until they crack the OS (and you make a decision to "root" your phone - accepting all that goes with it), you're stuck.
  7. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

You can be roaming, then it shows "Roaming" or have no service, then it shows "No Service" If that helps at all..
  8. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

I know what root is.

I was saying that I don't have the Carrier Name on my lock screen or any place else.
  9. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Look right above the time, it says Verizon Wireless? Mine does. Doesn't bug me though - didn't notice it until now.
  10. emmalina

emmalina Well-Known Member

wordie I am with you.....you are not crazy or blind...lol my lock screen is completely black...no logo no clock...oooops I want a clock:eek: how do I get the time?....wouldn't mind logo...but as of right now my screen is black as can be;)
  11. emmalina

hmmm might want to add I am using lockbot...but it was black before that too...soo how do I get a clock?thank you....
  12. w0rdie

w0rdie Well-Known Member

I'm not being funny... my phone doesn't have anything that says Verizon other than the silver logo printed under the speaker.

It's not in the software anywhere... and I know why. :)
  13. hakr100

hakr100 Well-Known Member

Mine sez:

Eat at Joe's Diner

:)
  14. emmalina

ok wordie...mine does too.....but I do not know why....could you fill me in?did we get a special edition?not being funny either....just wanted to help u, cuz the others seem to think we are blind or something...lol...soooo why?
  15. JulieJHawk

JulieJHawk Active Member

not when the screen is locked, mine is black then, too. i mean after you hit the unlock button at the top of the phone and the screen comes on that you have to swipe down on to get to your home screen. on that "swipe down" screen it says Verizon Wireless with a digital clock underneath and also the date underneath the time.
  16. JulieJHawk

JulieJHawk Active Member

you changed it to "unknown"??
    how? mine says "Verizon Wireless" but it won't let me change it.
  17. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

I love my Verizon Wireless free lock screen.
  18. emmalina

oh ok Julie...well, I guess I haven't seen the "original" lock screen in a while so I didn't remember! I thought you meant when it's asleep! I use lockbot...which makes it easier because all you have to press is the trackstick not the button on top of the phone...then the customized (via lockbot app) screen comes up...I swipe that one...and my home screen appears..no more swiping at all....well also no clock and logo....so I put a clock with date as a widget on my first home screen! maybe that helps you....well, it's at least one way to get rid of it! good luck;)
  19. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

If you are like me and you still have an Alltel based plan - you most likely don't have Verizon Wireless on the lock screen. Mine is completely blank above the bar with the time on it.
  20. nyngbld

nyngbld Well-Known Member

+1 ><
  21. callmeox

callmeox Well-Known Member

...and the Alltel Smartpack that makes it all possible. :)
  22. RJ McKenzie

RJ McKenzie Member

Is there any way to add the "Verizon Wireless" to the operator name? I am on a Alltel plan and I am trying to use the service Sensorly. Sensorly is a application that croudsources users signal strength and shows it on a map. But I can submit data because the data it sends to their service shows up as the operator Unknown. I've been in contact with the developer and they are working on fixing this issue. But in the meantime is there a way to manually change it?