Renaming widget names/icons ?Support

Last Updated:

1. medic-one

medic-one Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, just trying to set up the screens on my new desire and just put a direct ring and direct txt widget on it, however i can't seem to change the name/icon of either.

As they both of them look the same i want to change them into "ringname" and "txtname" but can't seem to figure out how. And is it possible to change the widget picture as well ?

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

When i used the Direct Dial and Messages, i added one to the homescreen, say a direct dial, which will show the contacts picture. I then changed the persons picture, saved it and then added a direct message. I had to remember which picture was which.

Then....i added two HTC folders. One labelled Text, the other Call. I added Direct Dial & Message shortcuts on the homescreen and dragged them into the relevant folders.

Then....(and what i use now). I have a person shortcut set up, instead of message/call etc, i just select it as quick contact. A popup appears on the person when you press them with what option you would like: SMS, Email, Call, Map etc etc.

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

You can use FolderOrganizer to create custom direct dial and direct message shortcuts:

Open FolderOrganizer and then....

Shortcuts > Menu > New Shortcut > Direct Dial > [select contact] > [select number]

Then, you can add a custom icon or contact picture using the Guide to Changing Icons in THIS THREAD. You can also rename the shortcut, like "Call Bob" for example.

You do the same to create direct message shortcuts by choosing 'Direct Message' instead of 'Direct Dial' in the example above.

After you have created the shortcut, add them to your Homescreen:

Longpress empty space > Shortcuts > FolderOrganizer Item > Shortcuts > [shortcut name]

medic-one likes this.
  4. medic-one

medic-one Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cheers dude