Render Affect?

Last Updated:

1. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I saw the Render effect in my cyanogenmod ROM for my eris, and I was wondering which color is the best to use? And does it actually make a huge difference in battery life?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I messed with that for a while, found it interesting then got bored with it, went back to defaults and haven't used it since.

If it had an effect on battery drainage I could not detect it.. only used the rendering for about two hours, though.

Android noob likes this.
  3. Android noob

Android noob Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Frisco :) I was hoping it would give me a huge increase in battery life.. but hearing that it didn't really for you, its not worth seeing everything in red for that little boost in battery haha.

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Try it out. Your mileage may vary. ;)

5. razorclose

razorclose Well-Known Member

In my experience toying with rendering, it dramatically slowed down my phone, even though I'm OC'ed to 768.

6. crazysoccerman14

crazysoccerman14 Well-Known Member

How would it slow down your phone? I know I'm reviving a dead thread, but the red render prevents your phone from blinding your eyes in the dark (laying down on your bed). Couple that with changing the screen brightness to 2 when the sensor detects a light level below 10 and you have an awesome setup.

I came to this thread because i was wondering if there was a program that does the same thing for the computer. My laptop screen doesn't dim enough.

7. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

On the Eris it slows your phone down dramatically, it sucks. but I do use it at night to not blind myself. Our phone just can't handle this render effect very well.