Renting movies through Amazon Prime.Support

Last Updated: 2011-03-22 22:53:15
  1. jlh4480

jlh4480 Member

I'm interested if anyone is using Amazon Prime to rent movies on the Xoom since the flash update?

Please share any details as I'm waiting to get a Xoom until renting a movie becomes possible.

Thanks,

Advertisement
    zardoz likes this.
  2. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

I am using it. Not many details to report though. It works. Quality is between OK and pretty good so far I would say.. Slight improvement for me when I am over Wifi. Flash enables lots of things like this which is great :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

I'm using it too. Works fine. I've rented 1movie and watched three others free in the past week. Hopefully they get a larger selection of free instant dl movies soon. If they do I will have no need for a netflix app. Wonder why they can figure out how to protect Dr content but netflix can't?
  4. papermonkey01

papermonkey01 Well-Known Member

PlayOn works well. I've been watching netflix through that.
  5. jlh4480

jlh4480 Member

Hopefully this question isn't stupid, but if I rent the movie, I can download it to the Xoom? Streaming is great, but I fly a lot and want to be able to watch movies on the flight.

Thanks,
  6. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member

Works fine over Wifi, though the popout or full screen option doesn't seem to be working. Quality is decent though definitely not HD.
  7. jlh4480

jlh4480 Member

Hello everyone,

I fly a lot and want to be able to rent movies from Amazon and download them on a Xoom. Is this possible?

I know you can stream movies to the Xoom, but that doesn't help when flying.

Thanks for the replies.
  8. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

I was hoping we could, but I haven't been able to. you can download it on a PC convert it and copy it over, but as far as I can tell you can only download to a PC with the unbox video software installed (or a TIVO, etc.)