Repair loose battery door, once and for all

Last Updated:

1. FireChief

FireChief Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, My battery door was continuing to slide off.. Especially since I got the holster. It seems that when putting the Droid BACK in the holster my fingers 'slide' down the back of the unit and pop the door out... I have had to pick up the door off the floor several times.

For those of you with this issue, I have found a way to fix it, once and for all time!

(Note: There is a video on the forum showing a fix, but it didn't secure it enough for my unit).

So, here is what I did. If you do this, just don't 'squeeze' too hard. And squeeze EACH of the four tabs.

It works FOR GOOD... when I put my door back in place now, there is a nice, loud SNAP as it pops in.. Cool.

[​IMG]
    Yes, I noticed the grammar error.. the distance NEEDS to be shortened.. oops..

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. grrnewt

grrnewt New Member

yeahm this works pretty well. though i think i did it a bit too hard, and now its a bloody sob to get it on/off. it seems that you dont really have to see it move to make a difference.

thanks! this had been driving me buggy

3. ArXane

ArXane Well-Known Member

Wow, this worked great for me! The first video out showing you to use a flat head screwdriver did nothing. But this actually makes it click into place. Thanks!

4. bsems1000

bsems1000 Well-Known Member

thanx cheif.. i definately was about to make a thread about my door lol..

5. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

I didn't even do that, just held mine like I was going to flick a deck of cards and just pressed outward on the center slightly, not even enough to see that its bent but enought that the top corners don't move when I press on them and it feels a little more solid.

6. rondo777

rondo777 Well-Known Member

+1 same here, just a slight flex of the door and its on there tight now

7. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Shorter tutorial: Business card.

8. xmnj

xmnj Active Member

Just contact Motorola support and they will send you a new one. I ordered a new one and it's a night and day difference, the new one locks in place the way it should have initially.

9. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Sweet. My door isn't falling off or anything, but is a tad bit loose. I'll probably do this when I get home tonight.